Digital download .ZIP file
eLearning Module includes:
- Composer Information, Information About the Music, and Vocabulary Terms
- Videos of a Mighty Lesson and an Animated Listening Map – the VideoMap
- YouTube Links for outstanding Live Performance and interesting Alternate Version performances
- A Checking for Understanding worksheet for formative assessment
- An Inside Scoop page with information on the Recording Artists and a Notated Theme for the selection
Module 10 for Choir - Walton: Belshazzar's Feast: Thus in Babylon
Included in each Module are the following PDFs:
- .pdf Overview Page lists components of the module and provides YouTube links (links are hyperlinked on the document). The Live Performance and Alternate Version Performances are described in detail.
- .pdf Composer Card includes a portrait of the composer, birth and death dates, country and flag of origin, a note about additional music composed by this person, and Music History Period to which this selection is attributed.
- .pdf Background Page has Information about the life of the composer, information about the selection, and pertinent Vocabulary terms.
- .pdf Checking for Understanding is comprised of 5 Multiple Choice questions and one more open-ended type question for formative assessment.
- .pdf Inside Scoop covers information about the Recording Artists and a Notated Theme.
- .pdf Teacher ReadMe contains information on how to incorporate these materials in an online, distance learning or in-person classroom setting.
Included in each Module are the following YouTube links (all on a Made for Kids YouTube Channel):
- Mighty Lesson is a short video highlighting the key musical elements.
- VideoMap is an Animated Listening Map that highlights the form, featured instruments or voices heard, music terms and symbols used, and captures the style and feeling of the selection with beautiful graphics and animation.
- Live Performance is a carefully chosen example of the selection performed as composed.
- Alternate Version Performance is a fun and interesting version of the selection that changes the instrumentation and style of the music.
Included in each Module are the following mp4 video files: (these are the same videos as the YouTube linked videos)
- .mp4 Mighty Lesson is a short video highlighting the key musical elements.
- .mp4 VideoMap is an Animated Listening Map that highlights the form, featured instruments or voices heard, music terms and symbols used, and captures the style and feeling of the selection with beautiful graphics and animation.